Growing up in New York City, the financial capital of the world, Alex always had a healthy curiosity about finance. In 2001, after helping to launch a startup, he decided to explore that curiosity and pursue a career in financial services. He started in the business at a technical analysis trading firm and then eventually decided to pursue a career in wealth management to help others properly manage their wealth.
Alex became a financial advisor in 2004 and earned the Wealth Advisor designation in 2010. He is also a CFP® and a Certified Exit Planning Advisor®. Several years into building his advisory practice at UBS in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Alex was offered the opportunity to go into management. In 2011, he moved his practice to Connecticut and took on a dual role as a Wealth Advisor and a Branch Manager. At the end of 2022 he stepped aside from his branch management role, allowing him to focus solely on his clients.
Alex’s varied experience as a Wealth Advisor, Portfolio Manager and Branch Manager has given him a deep understanding of clients’ financial needs. He takes an integrated approach to addressing those needs, from holistic planning and portfolio management to tax and estate planning and business transitions. He also hones his knowledge and insights by periodically bringing together a council of influencers and thought leaders to help ensure that he delivers the most thoughtful and up-to-date solutions to his clients.
– Wealth Advisor, Senior Portfolio Manager, UBS, 2022 – present
– Branch Manager, Wealth Advisor, Portfolio Manager, UBS, 2011 – 2022
– Financial Advisor, UBS, 2005 – 2010
– Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch, 2004, 2005
– Active Trader Sales, TradeStation Securities, 2001 – 2004
– Alex lives in Madison, CT, with his wife, Carter, and his children, Emma and Jack.
– He enjoys boating, fishing and tennis.
– In addition, he loves surfing, skiing and traveling to do both.